I got to see my Wildcats play in the Sweet 16 and the Elite 8 in Salt Lake City last week! Before this year, I haven't had a huge appreciation for basketball, but now that I'm at Utah State and I've been to a few games, I've gotten really into it. I'm SO GLAD because otherwise I would have missed one of the best sports events of my life! Kstate played Xavier in the Sweet 16 game. They came out on top really early, then decided to fall asleep for the rest of the first half and were one point behind at halftime. It was neck and neck the rest of the game. SO stressful! There were still two minutes left in the game and I turned to my friend and told him there was absolutely no way I could take it any longer. I was a nervous wreck! I really wanted kstate to win, other than for obvious reasons, so that I could watch them again on Saturday for the elite 8 game. Well, to completely destroy my nerves, the game ended up getting tied with 3 free throws at the last second, so they went into over time. Five whole more minutes! I thought I was going to die! Then, right at the last second...again...Xavier made a ridiculous 3 point shot to tie the game...AGAIN! That's right....DOUBLE overtime. CRAZY! After another insanely intense five minutes, kstate finally sealed the deal and came out on top. It was AWESOME! I have never been so proud to wear my purple and to say I'M A WILDCAT!
Saturday was a bit more rough. For the elite 8 game, Kstate played Butler (buttheads is more like it). It was a good game, but really frustrating. You could tell Kstate was still worn down from their super late, double overtime game just two nights before. They struggled, and finally took the lead toward the end of the second half, but they just couldn't hold it together. I was disappointed, but still proud as ever to be a wildcat. I can't believe they made it this far! Kstate is a football school, for crying out loud. I'm used to our basketball team being a joke! Not anymore! The joke is now on the Jayhawks, who didn't even make it past the second round of the tournament. Never thought I'd see the day...
Pictures above are of the sweet 16 game. The pictures below are the only two I could manage to take of the eilte 8 game. The best part was I got to go with Kasie, Kirsten and Ryan, all kstate alum that wandered out to the Mormon motherland. It was like a Manhattan University Branch reunion. I miss that branch.... I miss Manhattan and Kstate SO much! It felt great to be in a sea of purple again for those games.
No comments:
Post a Comment